- Domestic Competition By-laws
- Zero Tolerance behaviour policy
- Insurance policy that covers all Domestic players
Registrations for our Winter Domestic season are now open
We are once again offering a range of competition choices to ensure we are providing strong developmental pathways in our club and catering to the wide range of abilities and reasons for playing that our Domestic players have.
Following the successful introduction of our Boys Division 1 competition in Summer, we have made some changes to the WABL player restrictions for those Division 1 teams. These changes enhance the pathway from Division 2 Domestic into Division 1 Domestic and then on to WABL selection for players who have those aspirations.
Please read through the information below and work actively with your nominated club to find the best option for your child this winter.
Perth Redbacks Winter Domestic Competition Information
The season will start on Saturday April 24.
Player registrations will close at 5pm April 6 to facilitate the fact that all teams need to be finalised and entered into SportsTG by April 9 2021.
Age groups for the Winter Season will be as follows;
- Under 10’s Born in 2012/2013
- Under 12’s Born in 2010/2011
- Under 14’s Born in 2008/2009
- Under 16’s Born in 2006/2007
- Under 18’s Born in 2004/2005
- Under 20’s / Leavers Born in 2001/2002/2003
Divisions on offer this season
Games in this division will be fixtured at both Vic Park and Loftus. Families will be expected to travel between venues.
This division is for players with considerable experience, skill, development and will offer a more competitive competition enhancing our high-performance pathway.
Games will be fixtured at either Vic Park or Loftus (depending on where your chosen domestic club is based).
This division is suitable for players with reasonable skill but are equally there to have fun and/or play with their mates.
PBA will consider an entry-level beginner division, designed for players who are completely new to the sport but are ready for a game-day environment. This division will be subject to the numbers registered.
Games will be played at either Vic Park or Loftus (depending on where your chosen domestic club is based).
Under 10, 12, 14, 16 and 18 teams will play at Belmont.
This competition caters for players at all skill levels and teams will be determined based on the numbers registered.
Amended Winter Season WABL Cap Rule for Boys Division 1 + our Girls competition
The cap has been amended from a maximum of 4 WABL players in each Division 1 team, to a maximum of 3 WABL players from those selected in a Perth Redbacks WABL ‘Team 1’ or ‘Team 2’ (regardless of which WABL division those teams graded into)
Players selected into a Perth Redbacks WABL ‘Team 3’ or ‘Team 4’ are now outside the cap.
It is expected that all Perth Redback WABL players play in a Boys Division 1 team or a Girls team in the Winter Domestic competition.
- If you play in the team of one of our Domestic clubs (Boordiya Moort, Hoopers, Leederville, Manning Magic, Mount Hawthorn, South Perth, North Perth, Panthers) you should receive an email from them soon with a registration link specific to your club.
- If you wish to register a team that’s not attached to any of our clubs, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions on how to set up your team in our system.
- If you are a player who does not have a club or team, please email your details to email@example.com and Michelle will assist you with regard to placing you in a team.
Winter Team Nominations
All team registrations will only be accepted where seven (7) players have been nominated or allocated. If you are having trouble fielding a team of 7, please let us know so we can assist in filling any gaps your club may have.
All teams will be reviewed by our CEO before the commencement of the competition to ensure the WABL Cap and birth age groups are adhered to.
Winter Season Fees
Fees comprise of the following:
- $66 Perth Basketball Association (PBA) Registration fee
- $176 upfront game fees
- Total Perth Basketball Domestic Fee = $242
If your $35 Basketball WA yearly membership is not current, you will be charged that fee upon registration.
If you are a member of a club, there may be an additional club fee to be paid that covers uniforms, court hire for training etc.
- All player registrations close April 6 2021
- All teams must be entered into SportsTG by April 9 2021
- The season will start on Saturday April 24 2021
- There will be a holiday break from Sunday July 4 to Friday July 23
- There will be two weeks of finals on September 11 and 18 2021
A note for WABL players
All Perth Redbacks WABL players are required to participate in the PBA Domestic competition. WABL parents, keep an eye out for an email shortly outlining how to fulfil your Domestic commitments.
If you have any questions about Winter Domestic, please direct them to: firstname.lastname@example.org
About the PBA Domestic Basketball Competition
The PBA domestic basketball competitions present the opportunity for players of all levels to play basketball in a team environment. Our competitions are split into the following age groups: U10, U12, U14, U16 and U18.
PBA runs two Saturday domestic competitions each year:
- Summer – Term 4 and Term 1
- Winter – Term 2 and Term 3
Our domestic competitions are run out of three locations:
- Loftus Recreation Centre
- Leisurelife Centre Vic Park
- Belmont Oasis (girls competition only)
If you would like more information on our domestic competition, you can contact the PBA affiliated club nearest you, or email email@example.com for more information.
PBA Affiliated Clubs
- Boordiya Moort Basketball Club
- Hoopers Basketball Club
- Leederville Basketball Club
- Manning Magic Basketball Club (Inc.)
- Mount Hawthorn Basketball
- North Perth Basketball Club
- South Perth Basketball Club