- Domestic Competition By-laws
- Zero Tolerance behaviour policy
- Insurance policy that covers all Domestic players
Summer Domestic Registration – NOW OPEN
- Team nominations will close Friday 1 October (Important notice. Our Loftus Competition is now full. We are unable to take any further teams nominations for Loftus.)
- Individual registrations will close Wednesday 6 October 2021
- The season will start on Saturday 23 October 2021
- Christmas Holiday Break will be from Sunday 12 December 2021 to Friday 28 January 2022
- Two weeks of finals will be held on 2 and 9 April 2022
Summer Season Fees
Fees comprise of the following:
- $66 Perth Basketball Association (PBA) Registration fee
- $176 upfront game fees
- $35 Basketball WA fee (this will not be charged if you were registered in the past 12 months with any other competition associated with BWA)
- Total = $277 (including the Basketball WA fee)
Please note that there may also be a charge from the club you are allocated to which covers uniforms, court hire for trainings etc. This payment may be charged upon registration.
Summer Season Age Groups
The Summer Season will see changes to the age groups players will play in. Below are the age groups and corresponding years of birth for the Summer Season, as advised by the PBA:
- Under 10’s Born in 2013/2014
- Under 12’s Born in 2011/2012
- Under 14’s Born in 2009/2010
- Under 16’s Born in 2007/2008
- Under 18’s Born in 2005/2006
- For players Born 2004 and earlier – see note about our Leavers comp below
- This division is for players with considerable experience, skill and development and will offer a more competitive competition enhancing our WABL pathway programs.
- Games in this division will be fixtured at both Vic Park and Loftus. Players will be expected to travel to Loftus in Leederville to play games as well as at Vic Park.
- This division is suitable for players with reasonable skill but are equally there to have fun and/or play with their mates.
- Games will be fixtured at either Vic Park OR Loftus Rec Centre, depending on the domestic club location.
- PBA will consider an entry-level beginner division, designed for players who are completely new to the sport but are ready for a game-day environment.
- This division will be subject to the numbers registered.
- Games will be played at Vic Park.
- Under 10 teams will play at Vic Park
- Under 12, 14, 16 and 18 teams will play at Belmont.
- This competition allows for players at all skill levels and teams will be determined based on the numbers registered.
Leavers (2004 to Open)
- Leavers will play their games in our Senior competition at Curtin University on Sunday afternoons from 5.30pm.
- This competition allows for players to play within a Senior Men’s, Women’s and mixed competition. Divisions will be based on the number of teams registered.
How to register
- If you are with one of our domestic clubs – your club will send you a registration link
- If you wish to register an independent team – please contact email@example.com
- If you wish to register an individual player – please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have any team/coach/player requests, please let us know as soon as you can.
- There may be some player movement between other domestic clubs. This will ensure all players are on court at the start of the season and at the centres of their choice.
- Please use the email address associated with your account. Please reset your password if you are having problems logging in.
- Payment is required to complete registration. No payment, no registration. Payment can be made by credit card, PayPal (via the credit card link) or internet banking (POLI).
- For KidSport payments – please email email@example.com with your KidSport approval code and we will arrange registration separately.
About the PBA Domestic Basketball Competition
The PBA domestic basketball competitions present the opportunity for players of all levels to play basketball in a team environment. Our competitions are split into the following age groups: U10, U12, U14, U16 and U18.
PBA runs two Saturday domestic competitions each year:
- Summer – Term 4 and Term 1
- Winter – Term 2 and Term 3
Our domestic competitions are run out of three locations:
- Loftus Recreation Centre
- Leisurelife Centre Vic Park
- Belmont Oasis (girls competition only)
If you would like more information on our domestic competition, you can contact the PBA affiliated club nearest you, or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
PBA Affiliated Clubs
- Boordiya Moort Basketball Club
- Hoopers Basketball Club
- Leederville Basketball Club
- Manning Magic Basketball Club (Inc.)
- Mount Hawthorn Basketball
- North Perth Basketball Club
- South Perth Basketball Club