Gill Trahorsch’s son Baylie joined the Perth Redbacks in 2018 and played in the U18/2 WABL team in 2019. That team was very fortunate to have Anthony Nixon (PBA President) as Coach and Grant Yonge (PBA Vice-President) as Assistant Coach while Gill took on the role of team manager.
Working with Anthony and Grant – two diehard Redbacks family members – sold Gill on our club straight away. Their enthusiasm, dedication and vision for the club were infectious and she wanted to be a part of it.
Having previously been involved in many sporting clubs, Gill knows they do not run without dedicated volunteers. The Redbacks Board position of Secretary had not been filled for a couple of years and she believed she had the skills to make a positive contribution.
So, at the end of 2019, Gill joined the Board and since then has loved being able to work with fabulous people who all have good intentions for the future of the club and have many and varied skills to share.
What excites her about what the future hold for the Perth Redbacks? Gill says:
“We are getting it #together. We’ve had some difficult situations this year, and I love that the Board have all stuck together and supported each other. When you have this culture at the top it filters through the club.”
Gillian has worked at The University of Western Australia for a period of 12 years and currently holds the position of Manager, Admissions for the Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences. Additionally, she has held roles as:
- Paralegal for Law firms in Perth, Bunbury and the UK;
- Owner of a roadhouse business in Brunswick Junction;
- Part-owner of a Family Lucerne and Cattle Farming business;
- Secretary for Westpac Bank
Born in Harvey, rode horses, played netball and basketball and achieved Star to Bronze in Royal Life Saving Swimming. Lived in Adelaide and the UK and travelled extensively internationally representing UWA.
- Harvey Shire Sport Star of the Year Award Winner (Netball)
- Sou West Jets State League Netball Team (inaugural player)
- Fairest and Best Award
- Team Captain
- Inaugural U19 Coach
- Perth Polocrosse Club
- Vice President
- Volunteer Coordinator
- Western Australian Polocrosse Association
- Member and Volunteer Coordinator, Australian Polocrosse National Championships Organising Committee
- Team Manager
- WA National Polocrosse Championships U16 Team;
- Royal Show Junior Exhibition Teams,
- WA Junior Team NSW Tours;
- Representative to Polocrosse Association of Australia Junior Development and State Coaching Conferences
- State Junior Development Officer
- Governor Stirling Senior High School
- School Council Deputy Chair;
- P & C Treasurer
- Level 1 Coaching Accreditations – Netball and Polocrosse
- Level 1 Sports Trainer Accreditation – Netball