Rob Pyne and his wife Emma have three children, two of whom are basketballers. Declan and Matilda play in the Leisurelife Domestic competition and represent Redbacks in WABL and State Champs.
For Rob, being involved with his kids’ sport has always been an interest, being a kid from the country where community sport is everything and his folks would drive all around the Wheatbelt on weekends. In recent years, Rob has also coached at SPJFC and SPJCC and these roles reminded him that community sport survives and thrives on the strength of its volunteer army.
Which is why, when PBA President Anthony Nixon put out the call for additional support from within the Redbacks family to help strengthen and grow the club last year, Rob put his hand up. As the Founder and Managing Director of HPH Solutions, a privately owned Financial Planning business, (and 2020 Club Partner) Rob soon found himself elected as club treasurer at the 2019 AGM.
And what a time to take on that role. While it’s been challenging, it’s also been hugely satisfying for Rob to be able to help manage the club’s finances through the COVID shutdown and in the process, build strong working relationships with PBA staff and fellow Board members.
When asked what excites him about the future of the Perth Redbacks, Rob shares:
The chance to be a part of the club at this significant time in the club’s proud history is genuinely exciting. Our own brand-new basketball home is in sight and it will enable our club to greatly expand junior participation within our community. This will be another significant milestone and further strengthen the club’s financial and people resources to remain a premier basketball program in WA.
I look forward to being there when the Redbacks Premiership banners are raised to the rafters along with the jerseys of retired club champions. Perth Redbacks has a significant place in WA’s basketball history. Some of Australia’s greatest ever players have worn a Redbacks uniform. Having a place to put that proud heritage on display in a first-class sports facility for the Redbacks family – that is a future that I very much look forward to.
Rob has a degree in Biological Science from Curtin University and post-graduate qualifications in Financial Planning.
- Bachelor of Biological Science
- Graduate Diploma in Financial Planning
- Certified Financial Planner®
- Fellow of the Financial Planning Association of Australia (FPA)
- Fellow of the Financial Services Institute of Australasia (FINSIA)
- Financial Services career commenced 1992
- Financial Planning career commenced 1997
- Financial Advisory business founded in 2002
- AFR Smart Investor Masterclass for Financial Planning, 2007-2009
- FPA Certified Financial Planner® professional Best Practice Award, 2012
- Founder and Managing Director – HPH Financial Planning Pty Ltd trading as HPH Solutions.
- Responsible Manager – HPH Financial Planning Pty Ltd, AFSL number 337755
- Board Member – Guildford Grammar School Foundation (2015-2019)
- Treasurer – Financial Planning Association of Australia (Perth Chapter, 2009-2010)
- Financial Planning Association of Australia
- Financial Services Institute of Australasia